Friday, May 29, 2015

Dragonflies and Damselflies in Newfoundland

 The season of flying-things is upon us. It seemed like a good time to sort through the images of my dragonflies and damselflies and try to name them. That task proved to be more challenging than I thought, but it was an interesting exercise.
 Good resources to help in this endeavor were scarce, but I did find one really good one created by Greg Lasley of Texas. I have provided a link to his site in my new page found above labeled "Dragonflies."
I hope the newly-created page will be a handy resource for users to explore the types of Dragonflies and Damselflies of Newfoundland.
 I find the variety and beauty of these insects to be fascinating. Honestly, without my camera I would never have developed an appreciation for these "horseflies" as I considered them before.
Now, having had a chance to look them square in the eye, I find them quite endearing. Please visit the "Dragonflies" page above. I hope it proves to be a useful tool.

There are about ten more to be uploaded in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment