Thursday, September 2, 2010

House Sparrow - Female


On May 31, 2010, I posted some images of House Sparrows. It was early in the Spring and they were very busy building their nests. Perhaps, that is why they were at the hardware store where I found them.

The shots, as usual, weren't great, so I was delighted when I came across this female House Sparrow in Newark, N.J. As soon as I stepped outside of the airport, I spotted this little bird.  It was so relaxed that I took the time to get my camera out and take a couple of shots before she flew away.

The colors in this picture are very true to the actual colors of this common bird in North America. It's colors and feathers seem to be in much better shape than other House Sparrows that I found deeper in the South where the weather had been hot since March.

No comments:

Post a Comment