Friday, September 4, 2015

Yellow-throated Vireo

 Good birds are lurking around every corner, and I was lucky to see one of them. Not thinking about the possibility of a Yellow-throated Vireo, I first thought the yellow bird in front of me was a troublesome Blackpoll Warbler.
 A closer look through my camera confirmed it was not. I only got a few shots before it moved on. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I checked my camera screen. In that split second, it vanished, and I didn't even see which direction it went.
Impossible to stay home during these good birding days. The season has started with a bang as yesterday Ken Knowles reported a great list of uncommon warblers to St. John's. Today, Andrea Dicks topped that with a Kentucky Warbler at Long Pond. Who knows what will be next? I hope I am in the right place at just the right time to see some good birds during this active migration season.

No comments:

Post a Comment