Sunday, November 24, 2013

Clay-colored Sparrow - Cavell Avenue

 It was on December 5, 2009 when last I saw a Clay-colored Sparrow. In fact, this is the first rare species I recorded. Ever since, I have been hoping to see one again to get a better look and to experience a better appreciation for this seldom-seen sparrow. It has been a long time coming.
 It was in the early afternoon yesterday when I received a text message from Alvan Buckley reporting his find. He was in an area I knew well, and I was certain I would be able to see the bird there. Within twenty minutes of getting the alert, I was staring down my binoculars with a Clay-colored Sparrow in my sights. How nice!
 I only took a few pictures, because I feel pretty certain this bird will hang around the feeders in the area for quite some time. I'm sure I will return to look at it over and over. In fact, I would really like to adopt this little one to come live in my back yard. I would feed it well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment