Thursday, January 7, 2016

Unknown Butterfly Stuff

 I have now finally finished sorting through and trying to identify my butterfly images taken during the summer. Whew! There were a lot. I will take a break from sorting, although I still have many dragonflies and damselflies to identify. They are even more difficult than the butterflies.
 I still have the species contained in this port left to identify. I have no idea what the cocoon might be. The blue butterfly has really stumped me.
 I wanted it to be a Silvery Blue, but all indicators suggest it is not. From the blue butterflies listed on the MUN and NL Government site, I have been unable ot match it to any.
 Then, there is this little, nondescript butterfly. I have no idea what it might be.
I welcome any help you might be able to give me and invite you to visit the new Butterfly Checklist page linked at the top of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment