Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Holy Cow!

You gotta love it! Every trip out looking for birds offers up something special. This great pair of Jersey Cows was alongside the road in Renews. I just couldn't drive by without stopping to admire them.

Soon they were checking me out.  I wondered how many birds they had seen just standing around in a field in Renews. As most birders know, Renews is a birding "hot spot." Oh, if only cows could talk!
I'm sure they tried to tell me, but I just couldn't quite get it.
Then, there was the Purple Cow hiding away in the cavity of a tree on the Rennie's River Trail. I'm sure it saw that darned Nashville Warbler dozens of times! That's about the same number of times, I have tried to see it:-(.


2 comments:

  1. That's what I love about birding, too. It isn't just about seeing the birds for me, it's the whole adventure of getting out in Nature and seeing what's on offer for the day.
    Those cows are a beautiful breed and it really would be cool if they could talk and give you the birding report for the day.

    I'll be retiring in another 3 weeks and can't wait to get out there whenever I want without time limits. I'm really looking forward to the next stage.

    ReplyDelete