Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Osprey

Two posts in one day! I took a walk at Long Pond this morning and to my delight, this Osprey showed up to feed. He stayed for almost an hour and so did I. When I got home to look at the shots, I can see a huge difference with the new lens. It gives me hope that I will be able to capture some great shots. I couldn't wait another day before I posted these shots. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


What a great day! I didn't hold out much hope to go birding today since there was supposed to be scattered showers. At one point the thermometer read 21 degrees. It doesn't get much better than that.


The shot below depicts a common sight. The crows just can't leave the raptors alone. Most of the time when a raptor attempts to feed the crows set out to torment the bird. The Osprey feeds on fish and doesn't harm the other birds but the crows are very protective and work hard to drive them away. In this image taken from quite a distance, it is clear that the crow is even pecking at the Osprey. It is strange that the Osprey does not become the aggressor.




No comments:

Post a Comment