Monday, September 14, 2015

Three-Vireo Day!

 When Ethel Dempsey and I entered the La Manche Trail Road yesterday morning, it did not look very hopeful. Very few birds were moving around. We hit a small group of warblers, but didn't see anything of interest. We went on to the trail parking lot where we only saw about 6 birds...3 of them were vireos.
 The fog was so heavy and with the exception of the Blue-headed Vireo, the birds were not cooperating. I got three bad snaps of the Red-eyed Vireo and didn't identify it on the spot.
Then, somewhere in the mix, the Yellow-throated Vireo jumped into the picture. I had been seeing a Black-throated Green Warbler from time to time, so I didn't pause when I saw a bird with yellow....I just took a picture. I was really surprised. At first, I thought this shot must have been taken along the road, but the time stamp on the shot puts it right in the middle of the vireo zone.... the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment