Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blackburnian Warbler

 About ten days ago, I saw a Blackburnian Warbler off Blackhead Road, but just for seconds. I reported the bird, but I didn't count it as it would have been a life bird for me. I have this thing about not wanting to add birds to my life list unless it is confirmed by a photo or a knowledgeable birder at my side. Neither was the case on that day.
 I kept hoping I could find it again and get a picture or someone else would see it and confirm its existence. That didn't happen.
 I was pretty excited when I learned a team of birders had found a Blackburnian Warblers in Trepassey, and Catherine B. and I were on our way to Trepassey!
 I wasn't that sure we would be able to locate the bird, but we headed to the area. It took us about 30 minutes of walking, listening and searching. Then, at last, we came upon a small flock of birds.
We moved in a little closer and gave our best pish! Out popped the Blackburnian! As you can see, it was a very handsome one. Wow! And ....Tick!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome that you managed to see the Blackburnian!
    They are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete