Monday, January 30, 2012

Holyrood Dock

On most every birding trip out of town, I am reminded of the beauty that surrounds us.  Two weeks ago at the end of a wonderful day of birding, we were returning to St. John's along the coastline.

That took us into Holyrood.  The sun was setting and the colorful fishing gear resting on the docked fishing vessels matched the colors in the sky. It was a perfect finish to a perfect day!

When winter comes, it is so easy to just stay indoors where it is warm and cozy. Every time I venture out, I am reminded that "warm and cozy" isn't everything. Snow is coming on a regular basis now, and if it continues at this rate, the snow from the driveway will reach the rooftop. (Three more batches predicted over the next seven days.) Yet, I am driven to dig a tunnel to get my car out so that I don't miss all of the sights and sounds of winter.

The quickest way to make a winter's day fly by is to get out and watch the birds and scenery fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment